Minor update 4.2.5
We have brought out MailerQ 4.2.5. This release fixes the compression inconsistency that we described a couple of days ago, as well as some small changes in the management console.
Watch out for backwards compatibility
We've fixed the inconsistency between the documentation and the actual behavior of MailerQ when handling compression. MailerQ now handles compression exactly as is documented, using the "content-encoding" field from the AMQP envelope. If you were already using the compression feature via a (undocumented) "content-encoding" property inside the custom headers of the AMQP envelope, you need to change your processing or injection scripts: MailerQ no longer inspects the custom headers, but uses predefined "content-encoding" property now.
We've also solved an issue with the "maxattempts" setting in the JSON of outgoing messages. We normalize advise against using this setting, and recommend the more reliable "maxdelivertime" property instead. However, if you do use "maxattempts" property you may have noticed that the number of reported delivery attempts was simetimes higher than the limit set in the JSON. This has been fixed: the number of actual delivery attempts will no longer exceed the maxattempts setting.
We have also changed the algorithm that counts the attempts. Previously, every single IP address that was tried was counted as an attempt. For example: if a domain has four IP addresses on which it accepts email, and all four of them are down, MailerQ counted this as four attempts. We now treat this as a single attempt.
When setting a delivery capacity in the management console, the warning message about an already-existing capacity was not always correct and difficult to understand. We've improved this.